“From Appeasement to War” HW
READ THE WORLD HISTORY TEXTBOOK FROM PAGES 460-465. DEFINE ALL 8 BOLD WORDS AND ANSWER EACH OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN COMPLETE SENTENCES (2 SENTENCES PER QUESTION)
- How did Japan and Italy violate international law in the 1930s? Why was the League of Nations incapable of stopping them?
- What did Hitler do against the Treaty of Versailles? Why did Western European powers want to appease Germany?
- Why did Italy, Germany, and Japan form an alliance? Why did the axis powers get involved in Spain?
- What did the Germans do in Guernica, Spain? How was this a suggestion of things to come?
- Why did Germany take over Austria and Czechoslovakia? Why did the French and British allow this to happen?
- How did Hitler break his promise to France and Britain and what did they vow to do about Poland?
- Why did Germany and Russia agree not to fight each other?
“The Axis Advances” HW
READ THE WORLD HISTORY TEXTBOOK FROM PAGES 466-474. DEFINE ALL 8 BOLD WORDS AND ANSWER EACH OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN COMPLETE SENTENCES (2 SENTENCES PER QUESTION)
- What were Germany’s first actions in WWII? Why were France and England unable to stop the German advance?
- What did the Germans force the French to do once they defeated them? What happened to the French who opposed the Nazis?
- How did Germany attempt to conquer Britain? Why was Hitler’s plan unsuccessful?
- Why did the Germans invade the Soviet Union? How come they were not able to conquer Russia?
- What were Hitler’s beliefs about the Slavs of Europe and the Eastern European countries they resided in? What did the Nazis do with Jews and political opponents in the occupied countries?
- What groups did the Nazis target for discrimination? What did the Nazis do in their attempt to exterminate the Jewish people?
- What did the Japanese claim was their mission in Asia? What was their real goal and how did they attempt to do this?
- How did Franklin D. Roosevelt attempt to support the British before 1942?
- What U.S. actions angered the Japanese in 1940? Why did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor?