Your Political Party
After taking a class on government, you realize that you are fed up with politics as usual and have decided to create your own political party that matches your interests and beliefs. However, before you can go out and run for elections, you will need to recruit like-minded individuals to join your party. In order to do this, you are to create a website that features
- A creative name for your party that succinctly describes your political agenda
- A unique animal or mascot that represents your party
- A story that explains why you have chosen this symbol in at least 5 sentences.
- A mission statement that explains the current government problems that your party intends to solve in at least 5 sentences.
- A party platform that lays out at least 10 positions your party takes on various political issues. You must explain each position in at least 5 sentences.
- A candidate who is running for Congress. You must provide a background for your candidate of at least 10 sentences.
- A political speech delivered by your candidate (at least 5 paragraphs).
- Pictures/video that will convince people to join your party.
If you do not know how to create a website, you can put all of your work on a powerpoint or poster. Extra points will be given to political parties that come up with creative and unique ways to reach voters. You must come to the final day of class prepared to present your “website” and read your political speech.
75% of your grade will be based on the quality and creativity of your “website”. However, 25% of your grade will also be based on how well you explain your ideas and sell the class on your party.